Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day, Part 2

We were lucky enough to be able to spend time with both families on Labor Day this year. This hardly ever happens because of the distance between the two. After the dinosaur museum we headed to Sandy for some fun with the Goodrich's. Gene barbecued tri-tip steak which we all thoroughly enjoyed. The blocks seem to always get pulled out when we're there. Molly getting a hug from Lizzy in the block tower built by Justin, Matt, and Camille.We tried to get the grandkids together for a picture. I got a few good ones but this is my favorite! It was the last picture I got...Lucas isn't too happy and I love the look on Andrew's face!We took the kids to the park later that night. Molly hadn't had a nap yet and had a fat lip from a tumble she took at the Dinosaur Museum so at first she just wanted to sit by Grandpa and her baby.After a while she warmed up to the park enough to climb up the ladderand go down the slide a few times.After some playing at the park (and another nasty spill by Molly...so clumsy!) we headed down the hill to watch the football game in progress.After the football game we played some Ultimate Frisbee. I have no pictures because I was playing!

WARNING: This last part might be corny but it must be said...Later that night after Molly was sleeping and I was relaxing I was thinking about how blessed we are to have such great families. We feel so much love and support from both sides...life really couldn't get much better!

4 comments:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Hello Megan. I came across your blog through Ali's long ago. I check yours frequently, and just realized that I never told you that I do that! I am a stalker. But, you know me, so that makes me slightly less creepy. P.S. I'm Kara from Aggie Ice Cream.
the-farnsworths.blogspot.com

rupee40 said...

Looks like a fun day off for all of you! The picture of the cousins is a classic, it's impossible to get a picture with just 2 kids looking at the camera, pretty good for 5

Megan said...

Sounds like quite the eventful weekend. I agree, even though it is cheesy, it is nice ot be close to both of your families.

Missy said...

Looks like lots of fun its always nice to hang out with family!