Wednesday, August 20, 2008

John Mayer and Jack Johnson

Back in March or April Justin was checking out the schedule for summer concerts at USANA Amphitheater. Well, it came down to these two artists and he had a dilemma-he couldn't decide which one to go to! So he ended up buying tickets to both and I tagged along with him.

The first concert was John Mayer. Brett Dennon and Colbie Caillat opened for him. I was pretty excited about this because I love all three. Here we are waiting for it to begin.They handed out these bubbles. I thought that they were going to have the audience start blowing bubbles when Colbie sang "Bubbly" but I was wrong. Upon closer inspection, they read "Smoking Blows." I think they handed them out at the wrong concert-the John Mayer concert didn't have nearly as much smoke as did Jack Johnson's.

My favorite song of the night was "Free Falling" by John Mayer. This is originally a Tom Petty song that I'm sure you're all familiar with. I've added it to my playlist on my sidebar. Check it out, it's pretty good.

Then on Monday we went to Jack Johnson. Here we are waiting for it to get started.We had fun both nights but I would definitely say that John Mayer was the better performer. He's an amazing guitar player. I am now a huge John Mayer fan.

Molly stayed with Grandma April both nights. A big thanks to Grandma for watching her especially since we got home so late both nights. Thanks!

P.S. For those of you who have never heard of any of these performers, I have songs by all of them on my playlist. Check it out, they're pretty good!

3 comments:

Megan said...

What fun date nights. Ross and I are in desparate need of one of those sans Annabelle. Wanna babysit? ;) Hopefully Molly didn't stay up as late while you were at Jack Johnson, if not she probably had fun at Grandma's anyhow. Glad you guys had fun.

Erin M said...

Looks like fun. The songs are really good, since I've only heard of Mayer. Those pictures of Molly are so cute. Its been a while since I've been on. Looks like you have been having fun. I love the Bee Game pictures. See you sunday.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I am so jelous, I am sure it was amazing. We have similar taste in music I guess!