Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Sunday

On Easter we went to the Goodrich's for dinner. I was so excited to be able to actually go somewhere since I had been cooped up all week with a sick baby. But since none of the other cousins were going to be there, we thought it would be okay to take Molly. We had delicious tri-tip (thanks Gene and April!) and all the other fixin's along with cheesecake for dessert. After dinner we all took a walk around the block.

Molly is Miss Independent-always wanting to do things by herself. She didn't want to hold anyone's hand......unless they were swinging her in the air.After our walk, we just played outside where Molly managed to step and sit in dog poop.
Justin didn't want to get it on his clothes...
Molly had it on her pants so she went pant-less until Grandma found a pair of pants that would fit her lying around the house.
Then Molly watched a movie...... while the rest of us played Taboo (the girls won, of course).It was a great way to celebrate Easter.

As the holiday was approaching and now that it's over, there are a couple of thoughts rolling around in my mind. First, I am amazed (and so grateful) all over again that the only person who did not need the Atonement was the very person who wrought the Atonement. I will forever be indebted to my Savior for this extremely unselfish act. I am so grateful, especially, to be able to pass this knowledge on to my family. As I look at Molly each day and think of the things that she has ahead of her, I am so grateful to my Savior for suffering and dying for her. Sometimes the Atonement seems so broad yet I know that He also died for me, Megan Goodrich, along with every single person ever to live, and that because of His suffering He knows exactly how to succor us.

Second, I kept thinking how perfect that Easter falls in the Spring. As I read the accounts in the scriptures of the last days of Christ's life and then His death on Calvary, I thought of the despair and deep sadness that His disciples and followers must have felt. But then I thought of the joy, hope, peace, and tremendous happiness that they must have felt on the third day when He rose. I also feel that peace and joy because of the Resurrection. But don't we also have joy and happiness and hope after the long winter when the sun starts to shine and flowers start popping up? We celebrate the arrival of spring at the same time we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ. I just think it is great!

I hope that you all had a great Easter and were able to spend it with those you love!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you all got together. Thanks for your testimony as well. I agree that there are so many symbols of Christ all around that it is hard for me to understand how some people can deny His existence. Beautiful words.