Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Goodbye and Hello!

Well, after 4 years of driving Grandma Lue's purple car, we finally sold it. It all happened so fast! We posted it on KSL and craigslist on Monday night at like 9:10. About 5 minutes later, Justin's phone rings and it's someone about the car. They say they have cash and are ready to come over and buy it. Well, we were certainly suprised! Then right after he hung up, his phone rang again-someone calling about the car. Then my phone rang-yep, someone about the car. So we were both on the phone at this point and so far everyone calling says they have cash and they want it right away! To say that we were surprised would be an understatement! Then, while we're both on the phone, Justin's phone starts beeping-yep, you guessed it, another person calling and offering cold, hard cash to come and take the car off of our hands. I am not exaggerating when I say all of this happened within ten minutes of us posting the car online! So we get off the phones, run outside with a duster and the vacuum and start cleaning the car as fast as we could (keep in mind we thought it would take weeks to sell it). To spare you all the details, we did end up selling it the next morning to the highest bidder (which ended up being double what we thought we'd get for it). I guess everyone wants a cheap car with very low mileage on it. I didn't even have time to stand in front of the car for the customary picture...so this will have to do: As much as we (Justin) complained about the purple car, we will never forget it! We "inherited" it in February 2004, about 2 months after we got married. Since it was Grandma's car, it had very little miles on it. It got great gas mileage and we really needed it at the time. Also, for the first 9 months of Molly's life it was the only car that we had. So it's been through lots with us, I guess you could say!

So to all of you that are wondering what we got in place of this beautiful purple car, here's a picture: That's right, we are now the owners of a scooter! It took a little bit of time for Justin to sell me on this, but I now think it's fun! Justin just drives it to work and back and the two best things about it: it costs less than $4 to fill up with gas and it only costs $14/month to insure it! Wahoo!!! Justin is pretty happy with his "upgrade." He always asks me if he needs to run to the store to get milk or something. He just looks for any excuse to ride the scooter. You won't ever see me driving it though. To all of you who know me pretty well, let me just say--Weber County Fair and scooter--and you'll know why I won't ever drive it!

2 comments:

rupee40 said...

Ha ha...I almost forgot about that fair incident! But I love the scooter, you know that I have always wanted one. With gas the price it is I don't blame you at all. Farewell big purple, I know that car will be missed, especially by Justin!

Erin said...

I am like Ali that I forgot about the fair accident. I totally don't blame you for not wanting to drive the scooter, but I think you should learn. I think it would be fun. Maybe practice in a big soft field.