Monday, June 9, 2008

Grilling Season!

Justin and I love grilling season! For Justin it means MEAT, something I skimp on in my cooking. For me it means no cooking and no mess to clean up! So we see it as a win-win situation. Since we love it so much, I thought I'd highlight Justin's specialty-kabobs. First, he cuts up all the peppers; he uses all colors-red, green, orange, and yellow. If we have mushrooms, he'll use those too. Then he marinades the meat and peppers all day and then threads them on the skewers. After they've been marinading for however long he grills them. Then the best part-we get to eat them! We also love to thread pineapple on the kabobs for a little extra. I do have to say that this is probably one of my favorite meals. If anyone wants to make the trek down to Lindon, we are happy to treat you!

Some other things we love to grill:
1. Asparagus
2. Zucchini
3. Brats
What do you guys like to grill?

One funny story: last Sunday we grilled some steaks that we got from my mom and dad-thanks! I had Justin make a hot dog for Molly because I thought there was no way she'd eat the steak. So we're sitting outside with our delicious steak, baked sweet potatoes (yum!), grilled zucchini, and fruit. Molly wanted some of Daddy's "chicken" so Justin gave her a bite of his steak and she loved it! She kept asking for more chicken so Justin told her it was cow. So then she kept walking from me and back to Justin saying, "More tow!" She surprises me all the time with what she will and will not eat!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yum! Looks good. We'll be there on June 26th and expecting some great kabobs. So does your shirt say Justin's Girl? Just wondering... and where did you get it. Funny.!

Megan said...

That looks and sounds delicous! We love kabobs - it usually what I request for my bday dinner. We just got my parents old grill so hopefully we will be making some soon. If not, Lindon is not far away....I think you should invite us over. I like the idea of not cleaning up too!

The Mumfords said...

Those look so good!! Grilling is no fun in 105 degree weather. Enjoy it for us.

Missy said...

That looks really good we grill all year round chicken is our favorite. When we go to lake powell you always have Kabobs they are so yummy and being on the lake makes it so much more fun too.