Monday, June 23, 2008

Logan, Utah, USA--We love you!

As we drove to and from Bear Lake we were able to drive through Logan. Justin and I have many, many memories from our time spent in Logan. I started thinking of all of them and here is what I came up with:

-Logan, of course, is home to Utah State University, the greatest school in the world! Justin and I both started at USU in the fall of 2000, both just freshly out of high school. I finished my degree in Family and Human Development in Dec. 2003 and Justin finished a dual degree in Finance and Economics, Minor in International Business, and emphasis on Korean language in May 2007. -Logan is where Justin and I became True Aggies.-Logan is home to the beautiful Logan Temple where I was able to receive my endowments on Dec. 6, 2003. That was a great day and I felt very blessed to be able to return often with Justin and remember that day. -Logan was where we made our first two homes. They were both extremely small, basement apartments, but we loved them because they were our homes!-I love being near a canyon and Logan Canyon is beautiful! We spent many nights around a campfire roasting hot dogs, marshmallows, etc. In fact our first camping trip as a married couple was in Logan Canyon.-Logan is home to the Park Avenue Ward, the best ward in the whole world! We spent 4 years in the ward and it was probably the hardest thing to leave when we moved. We met so many great people who we love so much. Justin held many callings but I was in the Young Women's for almost the whole 4 years. I loved every minute of it! Justin and I were also able to be Ma and Pa Goodrich on Stake Pioneer Trek last summer. It was hard but fun! -Logan is home to Cafe Sabor, one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to!

-Logan, of course, is where Justin and I fell in love. We met in September of our freshman year and never looked back!-I was fortunate to have 3 1/2 years of GREAT roommates! -Logan is where I fell in love with the fall. Logan is absolutely gorgeous in the fall. I would use any excuse to drive down Center Street because it's lined with trees and when they all change color it is beautiful.

-Logan is where Molly was born. She is the best thing that has ever happened to Justin and me.
-Logan is home to the Spectrum where we attended numerous Aggie Basketball games. For those of you who have never been in the Spectrum to watch an Aggie game you are totally missing out! Go Aggies!

-Logan is home to good old Old Farm where I lived for 2 1/2 years (and where I met Justin since he was living there too). Great times were had there!

-Logan is where we perfected this nifty trick:You can't tell very well but Justin is riding a unicycle. Yes, it's true that we can do that-we call ourselves the "Goodrich Circus."

-Logan is where you can find Aggie Ice Cream, the best ice cream ever. I was also employed there for 3 years and met lots of fun people while working there. Mmmm, Oreo Fudge...

That's all, I'm sure I'm missing lots and lots. For those of you who have been most fortunate to live in Logan let me know what I'm missing! Justin and I are happy to be down here in Utah County although we didn't realize how much we'd miss Logan now that we are gone. But we're happy that we have so many memories and we'll always hold a place in our hearts for Logan, Utah, USA!

4 comments:

Erin M said...

Cache Valley will always hold a special place in my heart as well. Something about making your first home leaves a lot of memories, then you have a hundred more. Fun to look at all your memories.

Megan said...

I could just copy your list...minus the circus show and a few other things...and it would be the same. Ross found a study that said like 70% of people who were born in Cache Valley end up in Cache Valley and he laughed...until he remembered he was born there! haha. I really dislike the cold winters, but the atmosphere makes up for it and then some. We want to end up there...maybe 10 years or so from now. Maybe you should join us!

P.S. I never knew you worked at Aggie Ice Cream! I am surprised I never saw you there. The Aggie Blue white chocolate oreo mint is my fave.

rupee40 said...

Even though I wasnt there as long as you, I fell in love with Logan too. I would always have great memories driving through on the way to Bear Lake. I still crave the Aggie Ice Cream! It's fun that you and Justin have so many great things to remember about it.

Erin said...

Logan is a pretty good place. You make is sound great. Christopher is trying to talk me into moving there. I do love it. I think you should move back becasue then we get to see each other more!!!