Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Starring: Molly (yes, again)

Molly's been up to so many things lately that it is once again time for an update on her! So, here goes...

Molly discovered our neighbors trampoline a couple of months ago. Anytime we go outside, she heads straight for the tramp. She calls out to me, "Mommy, I bumping!" I sure hope the neighbors don't care!She also made a new friend, the owner of the trampoline. Her name is Brynn and she's 10. She is so good with Molly! I often hear them on the tramp and Molly is just giggling away. She's usually so shy around others so Justin and I were pretty surprised. Lately, Molly loves coloring. This is what I have been finding my kitchen floor to look like more and more:She now knows that she can only color on paper but now she thinks that any paper is okay. For instance, she drew on a book Justin got from work that he has to return. Oops!
And if coloring normally wasn't enough, she will only color if she's laying down.She also thinks she has to eat ice cream laying downplay with her toys laying downthrow rocks into the river laying downand everything else laying down. Honestly, I can't count the number of times she says, "Mommy, I lay down and ______________" (fill in the blank with whatever she is doing at that time). We have no clue where she got this silly new quirk but we think it's pretty funny. And whenever we laugh at her for doing it she says, "Mommy/Daddy, stop laughing."

Molly has also learned our names and she calls me Megan instead of Mommy quite often. She mostly does it when I'm not paying enough attention to her. It's pretty funny although I do prefer the title of Mommy.

Molly is really liking nursery lately-at least she is staying the whole time. Each week she comes home with a new song that she has learned. It is so cute to listen to her sing the parts that she remembers. One of my favorites is when she walks around the house singing, "Sun-BEAM" and jumping at the appropriate times. I also love hearing her sing "Na na na, na na na, Elmo's World!"

It seems like whenever Molly is at a loss for what to say she throws up her shirt and shows off her belly button. She never does it to Justin or me, just anyone else who tries to talk to her.She's waking up from her nap, so I'm just going to throw in a couple of cute things from earlier today.
My face is peeling from a sunburn I got on Saturday and today Molly says, "Mommy, your face is messy." Then she ran to the kitchen, got a towel and then came and washed my face.
And the cutest thing ever: I gave her some Goldfish crackers earlier this morning for a snack. I put them on her table and then went back to what I was doing. When I looked over at Molly a few moments later she was folding her arms. She said, "Mommy, I bless it." Then she mumbled a few words, said a very pronounced "Amen!" and then ate her crackers! It was so cute!

5 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I love hearing kid stories, they could judt never get old. I was laughing at the picture of the roomies, wow I look young. THose were some fun times. Molly sounds like she is full of personality, I am sure she keeps you laughing lots.

Megan said...

That Molly makes me laugh. You should never feel bad about sharing all these stories. I love to read them. Kids are so funny and quirky. I am always wondering what is going through Anna's head, or what would cause her to do ____ (fill in the blank with one of her weird things). I think Molly is so funny! We need to play again.

Erin said...

What a cutie. I just love Molly so much. That is so funny about your face and so sweet about the fishies. We are excited to see you soon! Hopefully on the 4th!!!!

Lindsay said...

Hi Megan and Justin!
What a cute family! Molly is too cute! So fun to see you guys happy and doing well. So what is bringing you to the northwest? What are your plans so far? I'd be happy to give you any ideas. Let me know. It would be fun to see you for a bit if you're close by! lindzell@hotmail.com

rupee40 said...

Molly is so funny! I can't wait to see her! It looks like she has grown up so much since I saw you guys last. I am always looking forward to seeing or hearing about what funny thing she does next! What a charachter.